Neer Mor Recipe | South Indian Recipe
Neer Mor Recipe- Moru is a spiced buttermilk drink which is very popular in South Indian households. We even prepare it for special occasions .
Ingredients for Neer Mor
- 1 cup yogurt / curd
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1/2 turmeric powder optional
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- A few coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
How to cook the recipe
- Mix one cup of yogurt with one cup of water and blend well to make buttermilk.
- You would now need to prepare the seasoning.
- In a pan, heat 1/2 tsp oil and add mustard seeds .
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the grated ginger and chopped green chili and turmeric powder .
- Fry for a few minutes and add to the buttermilk.
- Add salt according to taste and garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can serve immediately or you can even refrigerate and serve chilled.