Naan Bread Recipe | How to Make Naan Bread at Home
Naan Bread - This authentic homemade naan bread recipe is made with yogurt and yeast.It makes a delicious combination with spicy curries like chicken kurma or panner masala,etc
Ingredients for Naan Bread
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1.5 cup Maida
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Oil
How to cook the recipe
- Add yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add warm water and mix all ingredients together. Rest it aside for 5 mins.
- In a separate bowl, add maida, yogurt and oil. Add the yeast mix as well and mix all ingredients together. Knead into a dough, grease the dough top with some oil and rest it for 1 hour under wet towel. Greasing will keep the dough moist.
- After resting, knead dough well and divide the dough into equal portions. Roll out the naan, make sure it is not too thin and or too thick.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Apply little water all over the top side of the naan. We want the naan to stick to the pan while cooking so it does not fall off. Once you've applied water to one side, place the watered side on the pan .
- Once you see some bubbles forming on top of the naan, flip the pan on top of the stove.
- You'll see some burnt marks on naan, remove it from stove flame.
- Once the naan is cooked well, remove from pan.
- Serve naan with chicken kurma or panner masala etc.