Mutton Kulambu Recipe | Goat Curry Recipe
Mutton Kulambu Recipe - This recipe is made with freshly ground spices and coconut. This is a coconut based mutton gravy.
Ingredients for Mutton Kulambu
- 500 gms Mutton / Lamb
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 Onions medium sized finely chopped
- 3 Tomatoes medium sized finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup Fresh Coconut grated
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 4 Clove
- 1 Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds / Khasa khasa
How to cook the recipe
- Clean and wash mutton. Dice them into cubes of required size and keep it ready.
- Grind all the ingredients listed under ‘To grind’ into a finely adding required water. Keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add fennel seeds, when they sputter, add chopped onions . Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder. Mix well and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now add the mutton pieces,mutton masala paste, required water and salt. Mix well and pressure cook in medium heat till mutton is cooked.
- Wait till the pressure releases, open the lid and mix well. Then place the cooker back in heat.
- Add the ground coconut mixture and mix well. If needed add more water, check the salt and adjust it.
- Bring it to boil and let it simmer in low heat for few minutes till the gravy reaches required consistency and oil starts separating. Turn off the heat.
- serve hot .