This mutton kuzhambu tastes very fresh and delicious, you can serve with rice, idly, Dosa, chappathi, parota / paratha etc. This is the authentic way of cooking the mutton curry. If you got all your ingredients ready, it takes less than 30 minutes to cook. .This is a nice presentation can be eaten with steamed rice, chapatis and parathas.
For more recipes
How to Make Mutton Kuzhambu for Rice Recipe| Chettinad Style Mutton Kulambu Recipe | Mutton Curry for Rice Recipe
Ingredients for Mutton Kuzhambu
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 kg mutton chopped
- Salt to taste
- 3 green chilli
- curry leaves
- 2 glass water
- 10-12 small Onion
- small pieces Ginger
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 7-8 dry red chilli
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 4 cloves
- 2 pieces cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sliced
How to cook the recipe
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan,add coriander seeds,cumin seeds,black pepper,fennel seeds,cloves,cinnamon sticks,dry red chilli and coconut,saute for 2 minutes, keep it aside.
- In the same pan add ginger&garlic, small onions and saute for 2 minutes, keep it aside.
- Once all the ingredients has cool down let's grind it into paste. keep it aside.
- In the pressure cooker, add mutton,water,little salt,2 tbsp oil,green chilli and curry leaves,cook for 6-8 whistle, turn off the stove.
- Wait until the pressure gets released by itself.
- Open the lid,add the freshly ground masala paste,add 2-3 glass water.Cook for about 10 mins on medium low flame.
- Mutton kulambu is ready to be served.