Radish curry is a quick and easy Indian vegetarian dish made with radish. It tastes great with chapatis and rice. Radish is low in calories. Radish offers many health and nutritional benefits. It is a good source of vitamin C. This curry taste great with chapatis, parathas and rice.
For more recipes
How to Make Radish Fry Recipe | Mullangi Curry Recipe | Mullangi Fry | Radish Recipe for Chapathi | Mooli Sabzi Recipe Summary
Ingredients for Mullangi Fry
- 1/2 kg of grated radish
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Onion Chopped
- Curry Leaves
- 2 slit Green Chilli
- Salt To Taste
- 3/4 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/3 cup grated coconut
How to cook the recipe
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of mustard seeds, once they splutter, add chopped onion and saute them until the onions become little translucent.
- Add curry leaves and add green chilli fry for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Add grated radish and mix well, add salt to taste and add 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook covered on medium heat. Stir in between for even cooking. Add little more oil if required.
- Now the radish is cooked to some extent.Add turmeric powder and chilli powder mix well and cook on low heat.
- Do not add water. The radish will get cooked in the oil and its own water.
- The radish is cooked well.Add grated coconut, mix well and turn off the heat.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Radish curry is ready.
- Serve with rotis, parathas or rice.