Medu vada recipe | Ulundhu vada | Urad dal vada
Medu vada recipe - South indian style medhu vada which can be served with coconut chutney and tomato chutney.It can also be used for preparing sambar vad and dahi vada.
Ingredients for Medu vada
- 1 cup Urad dal
- 4 Green Chilies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Curry leaves - leaves finely chopped
- Oil - for deep fry
- Salt - to taste
- 1/2 cup Water - very little for grinding
How to cook the recipe
- Soak the urad dal overnight or a minimum of 1/2 an hour.
- Drain the water and grind the dal in grinder/mixie using as little water as possible.
- Take this urad dal batter in a bowl and add required salt, green chillies, Black pepper, and chopped curry leaves.
- Heat the oil for frying the vadas.
- To shape the vadas, wet your hand, take a small portion of batter on the palm your hand.you can also use banana leaves.
- Using the finger of your other hand or the thumb of the same hand, make a small hole in the center of the batter (hole is optional).
- Fry the medu vada till crisp and golden in medium heat.
- Fry all the medu vada this way till they become evenly browned and crisp.
- Drain medu vada on kitchen tissue to remove excess oil.
- Serve the medu vada, hot or warm with coconut chutney.