Masala vada recipe | Paruppu vadai recipe
Masala vada recipe - It is prepared during festivals in most south indian homes .Wash and soak channa dal for 2 to 3 hrs.Then drain the water.
Ingredients for Masala vada
- 1 cup Channa Dal
- 1 Big onion – big sized finely chopped
- 4 green chili -chopped
- 4 tbsp Coriander Leaves –finely chopped
- Oil – for deep frying
- Salt – to taste
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds Sombu
- 5 Garlic –cloves chopped finely
- Ginger – half inch piece
How to cook the recipe
- Wash and soak channa dal for 2 to 3 hrs. Then drain the water completely and keep aside. Grind together the ingredients listed under ‘to grind’ to a coarse paste.Set aside
- Then grind channa dhal to a coarse mixture make sure it should be thick . Then transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add onions, coriander leaves, salt, garlic fennel paste and mix well.
- Do not add water, it will look crumbly but will get together easily. Make equal lemon sized small balls out of the mixture, and pat them on your palm to form a circle to medium thickness.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry them till golden brown, turning over both sides. Drain it on a kitchen tissue paper.
- Serve masala vada with sauce or chutney.