Madurai Kara Chutney Recipe | South Indian
Madurai Kara Chutney Recipe - Kara chutney for idli, dosa, paniyaram or any tiffin is a tasty, spicy chutney made with onions and tomatoes .
To saute and grind
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 3 garlic
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 6 red chili
- 1.5 cups tomato chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3/4 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- a few curry leaves
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and garlic .Fry till it is brown.
- Add red chilies, curry leaves, tomato and salt required. Fry till tomatoes are mushy.
- Cool and grind it to a fine paste. keep it ready
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in same pan and pop in mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves and roast until it is slightly reddish.
- Now at this stage, add the ground chutney . Mix well and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Switch off and serve kara chutney with idli/dosa.