Lemon Vermicelli Recipe | Semiya Recipe
Lemon Vermicelli Recipe - Upma is a very traditional South Indian breakfast meal, made with vermicelli ,flattened rice flakes (aval).
Ingredients for Lemon Vermicelli
- 2 cups Semiya Vermicelli
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Green Chilies
- 2 Red Chilies
- 2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard
- 2 tbsp Gram Dal
- 2 tbsp Urad Dal
- 2 tbsp Pea Nut optional
- Coriander Leaves – few
- Salt – as per tast
How to cook the recipe
- Boil 6 cups of water along with a teaspoon of oil and salt. Add semiya (vermicelli) and cook till it is soft. Remove from stove and drain the excess water. Immediately add cold water and rinse well. Drain all the water completely and put the cooked semiya in a plate.
- Chop onion, and chilies into thin long strips.
- Heat 4 tsp oil in a pan add mustard seeds. When it pops up add gram dal, urad dal, peanut , red chili , green chili and fry till the dals turn light brown.
- Add chopped onion, and chilies . Fry for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Now add the cooked semiya and mix it gently. When all blends well, switch off the stove.
- Add lemon juice and once again mix it gently.
- Serve hot .