Lemon Rice Recipe | South Indian Recipe
Lemon Rice Recipe - Lemon rice can also be eaten alone or with pickle , yogurt ,pachadi , chutney . some even like to enjoy with masala vada .
Ingredients for Lemon Rice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- chopped green onions for garnish
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chili broken
How to cook the recipe
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter then add onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic continue to cook and stir for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add rice; season with turmeric, and salt , and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetable broth, and lemon juice.
- Turn up the heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; cover the pan and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve hot .