Kuska Recipe | Plain Biryani Rice Recipe
Kuska Recipe - Kuska is a south indian style spiced flavorful biryani rice served as an accompaniment with a gravy dish .
Ingredients for Kuska
- 2 cups Basmati rice soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Star anise
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 Onions sliced
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Biryani Masala Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- Salt for taste
How to cook the recipe
- To begin making the Kuska, heat a pressure cooker with oil, add fennel seeds, star anise, bay leaf , cloves , cinnamon and leave it for 10 seconds.
- Add the sliced onions, ginger and garlic paste and fry the onions till they turn light brown. Add the tomatoes and little salt so that the tomatoes get cooked and become mushy.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked add the mint leaves , coriander leaves and give it a stir. Add the turmeric powder and biryani masala powder. Sauté until the masala is fried and coated well with onions and tomatoes.
- Add the curd and give it a stir. Add the soaked rice and 4 cups of water. Check for salt and close the cooker and cook for 2 whistle.
- Allow the pressure to release by itself and open the lid, give it a stir lightly and serve.
- Serve the Kuska with Raita or boiled egg .