Kovakkai Fry andhra style is a spicy ivy gourd recipe.This Kovakkai / Ivy gourd is a healthy vegetable recipe. kovakkai poriyal is called as tindora fry in hindhi and ivy gourd fry in English.It goes well with Dal Rice, Chapathi, Roti, Sambar Rice and Curd Rice.
For more recipes
How to make Kovakkai Recipe | Dondakaya Vepudu Fry Recipe | Ivy Gourd Fry Recipe
Ingredients for Kovakkai Fry
- 2 cup Kovakkai chopped thinly
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1-3 tsp Oil
How to cook the recipe
- Wash Kovakkai and cut into thin round slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds once they splutter add cumin seeds , curry leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and kovakkai and add salt mix well. Fry for 10-15 minutes. Do not add water as it will make the fry soft. At one stage, kovakkai will become crispy.
- Now kovakkai fry/tindora fry is ready.
- Turn off the flame and serve with rice.