Kondakadalai Kulambu | Channa Kulambu Recipe for Appam and Rice | Indian Recipe
kondakadalai kulambu Recipe - Black chana is a nutritious pulse which you have to include in your diet atleast once a week.
Ingredients for kondakadalai kulambu
- 2 cups Dried Kala Chana/ Black Chickpeas
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion large chopped finely
- 1 Potato chopped
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- 2 Tomato chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
How to cook the recipe
- Soak chana overnight. Drain and take it in a pressure cooker, cover with water, add salt and pressure cook for 5 whistle . Take off the heat and let the steam go by itself.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add onions, dry red chilli , potato and saute for 2 mins.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till tomatoes get soft.
- Add all spice powders like chilli powder , garam masala , coriander powder, salt and mix well.
- Add water, chana and mix well.
- Serve to hot with steamed rice , rotis or chappati .