A special, authentic recipe Kara Kozhukattai served on Vinayagar Chathurthi. Kara Kozhukattai is a popular south indian dumpling made from rice flour, grated coconut, mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal, curry leave and red chillies. Kara Kozhukattai can be served as evening snack / tea time snack. This healthy snack recipe is quick to make and it turns out to be very soft and tasty.
For more breakfast recipes
How to Make Pidi Kara Kozhukattai Recipe | Kadalai Paruppu Kara Kozhukattai Recipe
Ingredients for Kara Kozhukattai
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Rice flour
- Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp channa dal
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 1/2 tbsp mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1 Red Chilli or green chilli
How to cook the recipe
- In a bowl add 1 cup of rice flour. Add required salt and mix well.
- Add boiled water little by little to the flour and start mixing it using a laddle. Knead the flour into a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a pan, once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds Once it starts to splutter, add curry leaves, red chilli, channa dal, urad dal and saute for 5 minutes.Add it to the dough.Add grated coconut and knead it again.
- Heat some water in a idly pot.
- Grease the idly plate with few drops of oil. Take a small piece of dough and roll into round shape. Place them on the idly plate. cover the pot and cook it in medium flame for 5 - 10 minutes.
- kara kozhukattai is ready to serve.