Idli Upma Recipe | How to prepare Idli Umpa Recipe
Idli Upma Recipe - Idli upma is a very simple and delicious dish made with leftover idlis.This is a very common breakfast dish in South India, which can be prepared in no time.You can prepare this upma even if your idlis are hard.
Ingredients for Idli Upma
- 10-12 leftover idlis
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1½ medium onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsps oil
- ¾ tsp urad dal
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 15-20 curry leaves
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- Salt to taste
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan, add urad dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves and onions and saute.
- Put the idlis in a mixer jar and crumble them.
- When onions change colour slightly, add tomatoes and green chillies and saute for 1 minute.
- Add crumbled idlis and mix. Add salt and mix.
- Idli upma is ready.