This is perfect recipe of Mix Tutti Frutti. This is made from raw papaya. We can also make it from using watermelon rind. Tutti frutti is well known for its colours and taste. We are use it in ice cream, cakes or whenever we want.
For more dessert recipes
How to Make Homemade Tutti Frutti Recipe | Watermelon Tutti Frutti Recipe | Tutti Frutti Recipe with Watermelon
Learn how to make tutti frutti recipe. This is made from raw papaya. We can also make it from using watermelon rind. Tutti frutti is well known for its colours and taste.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients for Tutti Frutti
- 2 Cups Raw papaya or watermelon rind
- Water as needed
- 2 Cups Sugar
- Red food colour
- Green food colour
- Yellow food colour
How to cook the recipe
- Take raw green papaya and cut the ends.
- Peel its outer skin using a vegetable peeler or using a sharp knife.
- Cut the papaya into half and remove the seeds and the inner white skin.
- Wash the papaya several times in water to remove the milky sap.
- Cut papaya into long slices and remove inner white skin.
- Chop the papaya slices into small cubes.
- Add 4-5 cups of water in a pan. when the water starts to boil, add the chopped raw papaya pieces and cook on a low-medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let the papaya pieces sit in the hot water for 5 more minutes.
- Drain the water completely and keep aside the blanched papaya pieces.
- In a pot add 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water. Bring it to boil till the sugar dissolves.
- Add blanched papaya pieces to the sugar solution. stir and cook on a medium flame till the papaya pieces are soft and the sugar syrup turns sticky forming one string consistency.
- Switch off the flame.
- In three different bowls add few drops/pinch of colors like yellow,green and red.
- Pour out equal amount of papaya pieces into each bowl along with sugar syrup.
- Mix well and rest it for about 10-12 hours or for a day till the papaya pieces absorbs color and sugar well.
- Add few more drops/pinch of colors for a stronger color.
- After resting time, strain the colored papaya pieces to remove excess sugar solution.
- Wrap plates with plastic for easy clean up.
- Spread the papaya cubes on a wire mesh and dry them all separately until they become non sticky and dry.
- It may take about 24 hours or more to completely dry the papaya pieces. To check if dried properly, press the dried papaya pieces randomly between your fingers and they should be soft but non sticky without the syrup oozing out.
- Once done, mix all the colored pieces together and store tutti frutti in an airtight container/glass bottle. Refrigerate it for longer shelf life.