Hash browns are a popular American breakfast dish that first started showing up on breakfast menu . Hash Browns are so easy to make but tastes just amazing. It needs very simple and basic ingredients which are easily available in your pantry.
For more breakfast recipes
Best Hash Browns recipe
Ingredients for hash browns
- 3 Medium Potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp butter
How to cook the recipe
- Peel the potatoes and shred them using a grater or food processor.
- In a large bowl add shredded potatoes filled with water to soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse until water runs clear.
- Spread shredded potato out onto kitchen towel or a paper towel to squeeze out as much moisture from the potato as possible.
- Place the potato into a bowl, add salt and pepper. Give it a mix until evenly combined.
- In a small frying pan, add oil and butter. Heat over medium high heat.
- Add shredded potatoes. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes without lifting the lid. When time is up, remove lid and flip the hash brown and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot the Hash brown with ketchup.