Green Gram Dal recipe | Patchai Payaru Recipe
Green Gram Dal recipe or Pachai Payaru gravy is a healthy , delicious and easy to make side dish for rice and chapathi .
Ingredients for Green Gram Dal
- 2 cups Soaked Green Gram dal
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Dry red chili
- 3/4 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Chopped onion
- 1 Chopped garlic
How to cook the recipe
- Soak green gram dal for 3-4 hours
- After the soaking time drain and wash dal.
- In a pressure cooker add dal along with water, salt and dry red chili.
- Pressure cook it for 4-5 whistles.
- After whistles are done,Open cooker to check dal .Set it aside.
- Heat the pan add oil, cumin seeds ,chopped onion and chopped garlic start to splutter .
- Add in the dal and mix it well .
- Serve hot .