It is a very easy vegetable stir fry recipe. This beetroot poriyal recipe can be made using fresh beetroot after peeling the skin and grated .Grated Beetroot curry is a very simple preparation combined with onions, green chilli.
Its such an easy to make stir fry recipe. Tastes great with sambar rice, kuzhambu and also with rasam and plain rice.It can also be a perfect kids lunch box recipe. Try making this simple and healthy beetroot poriyal recipe.
For more side dish recipes
Easy Red Beetroot Poriyal Recipe
Ingredients for beetroot poriyal
- 3 Beetroot
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- few curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp urad dal
- salt to taste
- 3 green chilli
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onion
- 4 tbsp grated coconut
How to cook the recipe
- Remove the skin of beetroot using peeler and grate the beetroot.
- Heat oil in a pan once the oil is hot add mustard seeds ,urad dal ,curry leaves and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute until onion turns pink.Add green chilli ,red chilli powder ,coriander powder and add grated beetroot and cook it for sometime
- If required add water,cover and cook until soft and tender.
- Add grated coconut.Mix well and cook for a minute
- Turn off flame and transfer it to a serving bowl. Tempting beetroot poriyal is ready.
- Serve beetroot poriyal with rice.