Simple Falafel Burger Recipe Vegan | Homemade Falafel Burger Recipe
Falafel Burger - Falafel burgers which are made with chickpeas, onions, tomatoes,lettuce, coriander, mint, cucumber and yogurt.
Ingredients for Falafel Burger
- 1 cup chickpeas soaked overnight
- 4 burger buns
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Oil to deep fry
- A few fresh parsley sprigs
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tbsps coriander-mint chutney
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 8 cheese slices
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
How to cook the recipe
- Coarsely grind chickpeas with garlic and onion and put into a bowl. Add salt, cumin powder and baking soda and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a deep pan. Divide the mixture into equal portions and roll into balls. Press them lightly, slide into hot oil and deep-fry till golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Deep-fry a few parsley sprigs in the same oil till crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Halve the burger buns and heat them in a non-stick pan.
- To make the yogurt sauce, put yogurt and coriander-mint chutney in a bowl and whisk till well blended. Add a little salt and mix.
- Keep a damp muslin cloth over another bowl, put the yogurt mixture in it, gather the edges and squeeze out smooth sauce into the bowl.
- Thinly slice tomatoes.
- Spread the yogurt sauce on the burger bun halves, place iceberg lettuce on them, top with tomato slices, cheese slices, cucumber slices and finally a burger.
- Garnish with fried parsley and serve as open burgers.