Rajma Masala is a Kidney beans curry for North Indians. It is a favourite dish available across road side eateries when you travel on highways of North India and is best relished with steaming hot Basmati Rice.
You may like these similar recipes
How to make Dry and Authentic Rajma Masala Recipe
Rajmah is a popular North Indian vegetarian dish consisting of red kidney beans in a thick curry with lots of Indian whole spices and usually served with rice.
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients for Rajma Masala Recipe
- 1/2 cup rajma kidney beans
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cup of tomato puree
- salt to taste
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 4 cloves of garlic
- coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 green chilli
How to cook the recipe
- Soak the kidney beans for 6-7 hours. Pressure cook for 7-8 whistles.keep it aside.
- Grind onion, green chilli , garlic, and ginger in a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan add ground paste and saute for 5 min. Add tomato puree ,mix well and add red chilli powder ,garam masala, coriander powder and cumin powder,add coriander leaves.Cover and cook for 5 minutes in a lower flame.
- Add the cooked kidney beans along with the water,and add salt to taste. cook for 5-10 min.so that rajma absorb the spices.
- Rajma masala is ready to serve.
- Serve with plain rice.