It is a very easy vegetable stir fry recipe. Pumpkin poriyal is a simple quick and easy recipe to go along with chapati or rotti. It is a very simple preparation combined with onions, urad dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves and grated coconut.
Its such an easy to make stir fry recipe. Tastes great with sambar rice, kuzhambu and also with rasam and plain rice. This also goes well as a side dish in indian thalis. Try making this simple and healthy pumpkin/poosanikai poriyal recipe.
For more side dish recipes
How to make Pumpkin Poriyal Recipe | Poosanikai Recipe
Ingredients for Pumpkin Poriyal
- 2 cup Pumpkin cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chilis
- Salt to taste
- 5 smal onions
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dhal
- Curry leaves
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add urad dal, curry leaves and stir fry for 10-20 seconds or until turns slightly light brown.
- Add chopped onion. Sauté until onion turns pink.
- Once the onion is cooked, add pumpkin,add salt to taste and water(add very less amount of water)cover and cook until soft and tender.
- Add grated coconut.Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Turn off flame and transfer it to a serving bowl. Tempting pumpkin poriyal is ready.
- Serve pumpkin poriyal with rice.