Paal Kozhukattai recipe is a very tasty and easy to make. Paal Kozhukattai is a special Kozhukattai, especially made in Chettinad. This is an authentic recipe in which the dumplings made from rice flour, coconut milk, jaggery,cardamom powder and milk. Paal Kozhukattai can be served as evening snack / tea time snack. This healthy snack recipe is quick to make and it turns out to be very soft and tasty.
For more breakfast recipe
- Kara kozhukattai
- Best punjabi aloo paratha
- Soft and Easy chapati
- Punjabi chole bhature
How to Make paal Kozhukattai Recipe
Learn how to make easy paal kozhukattai recipe made using raw rice. This healthy snack recipe is quick to make and it turns out to be very soft and tasty.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 3 people
Ingredients for paal Kozhukattai
- 2 tsp Ghee
- A Pinch Of Salt
- Boiling Water
- 1/2 cup Kozhukattai/ raw rice Flour
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk
- 2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup Water
For Jaggery Syrup
- 1 cup of Jaggery
- 1 cup Water
How to cook the recipe
- Dry roast the flour for a minutes, the color should not change. If you use Kolukatai flour, you no need to roast.
- Boil some water,Once the water starts boiling, pour over kozhukattai flour and mix it well to prevent lumps.Add ghee and stir it continuously till you get a dough consistency, let it cool down a little.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the jaggery in some water and keep it aside.
- Grease your hand with little Ghee and make small balls, without any cracks.
- Repeat the process till you make all the kozhukattai balls.
- Heat milk and some water and bring it to a boil.Add the kozhukattai balls slowly into the boiling milk,close and cook for about 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, add the thick coconut milk, and cardamom powder.Simmer it for about 5-7 mins
- Finally, turn off the flame and add the jaggery syrup into the pan.keep it aside for 10 - 20 minutes before serving.
- Soft Pall Kolukatai is ready now.