Carrot halwa / Gajar Ka halwa is a popular indian sweet recipe often served as dessert in many restaurants.People love it all over the world. Must try this recipe. It is a carrot based sweet dessert pudding. Carrot halwa is popular among adults as well as children. Saffron can be added instead of any food colour to get a nice colour to the halwa.
For more dessert recipes
How to make Best Carrot Halwa Recipes with Milk | Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe
Ingredients for Carrot Halwa
- 2 cups grated Carrot/Gajar
- 1 cup Milk - 500 ml
- A pinch saffron in Milk Optional
- 1 1/2 cups sugar as per taste
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Few Cashew nuts
- 5 tbsp ghee
How to cook the recipe
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add carrot, saute it for few minutes.
- Add milk, cook the carrot in milk for 30-45 minutes on medium flame, till the carrot is completely cooked & milk is evaporated.
- Once the milk has evaporated, add the Saffron milk(optional), add sugar, cashew, cardamom powder, cook the halwa till the milk has completely reduced.
- Add 3 tbsp of Ghee & mix well.
- Keep stirring till the ghee separates.
- Turn off the stove.
- Your carrot Halwa is ready, you can serve hot/warm.