Beans Paruppu Usili is a very popular side dish in Tamil Brahmins. It is commonly prepared with vegetables like cluster beans, cabbage, green beans, plantain flower etc. It goes well with milagu kuzhambu,mor kuzhambu, and vathal kuzhambu.
For more side dish recipes
How to Make Beans Paruppu Usili Recipe | Paruppu Usili Recipe
Ingredients for beans paruppu usili
- 1 cup Beans chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup Channa dal
- 1/4 cup Toor dal
- 4 Red chili
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Urad dal
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
- few Curry leaves
How to cook the recipe
- Soak channa dal and toor dal for 1 hr.
- Drain the water and grind it in the mixie along with asafoetida ,redchilles ,curry leaves and salt,without adding water to it. Grease an idli plate and steam this ground paste for 7 – 10 mins.
- When it is done cut the steamed dal into pieces and allow it to cool. After that,put it in a mixie and just grind it once .
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds Once it starts to splutter and add urad dal to it. Add cooked dal to it and fry nicely till it becomes soft.
- Meanwhile cook the beans in a another pan, adding a little salt and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Now mix both the beans and the dal nicely. cook for few minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy with hot rice.