A special chicken pot pie recipe with homemade pie dough. chicken pot pie is one of the most popular types of pot pies .Pot pie can be prepared in a number of ways including in a skillet over a stove top in a baking dish in an oven .Common ingredients include diced chicken, carrots, onion, peas, seasonings and chicken broth.
For more recipes
How to make Best Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 2-3 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- 1 potato carrot cubed and cooked
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaf
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 pie crusts top and bottom
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
How to cook the recipe
- Heat a pan, melt butter.Add onions and saute till soft. Add all purpose flour, and saute for 30-40 seconds.
- Add chicken broth while stirring to prevent lumps. Now add in milk, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and thyme leaf ,mix and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling and thickened, turn off heat and add in chicken, cooked potato and carrots and frozen peas. Gently stir to combine.
- Pour into 9"inch cake plate lined with a pie crust, add the mixture ,and top with second pie crust.
- Take 1 egg mixed with 1 tsp water and with a pastry brush, brush top of pot pie.Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Chicken pot pie is ready.