Drumstick Leaves are very rich in Iron. It is very healthy dish to include in our routine diet. We can make many different dishes using drumstick leaves. A very healthy and iron and protein rich dish that will make our diet healthy. Best served with any South Indian Main dishes.
For more recipes
How to Make Murungai Keerai Dal Fry Recipe | Drumstick Leaves Dal Fry Recipe | Moringa Dal Fry Recipe
Ingredients for Murungai Keerai Dal Fry
- ½ medium murungai keerai bunch drumstick leaves
- 1and1/2 cup toor dal cooked
- 2 medium onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 dry red chilli
- 3-4 garlic cloves
How to cook the recipe
- Roughly chop murungai keerai leaves and finely chop onions,
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion, green chillies and saute till onion turns translucent , add crushed garlic, ginger and saute till golden brown on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes , pinch of salt, ¼ cup water , mix well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Open the lid, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, corinader powder, cumin powder saute for a minute.
- Add murungai keerai leaves and saute for 1-2 minutes, add cooked toor dal and add 1/2 cup water, let it come to a boil, add garam masala powder. Take pan off the heat.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them change colour, add dry red chillies and garlic, saute till garlic turns golden brown, take the pan off the heat, pour over the dal fry and mix well, serve hot with rice.