Coconut Rice Recipe | Thengai Sadam Recipe
Coconut Rice Recipe - Coconut rice can be cooked in many different way using fresh grated coconut adding vegetables or using coconut oil .
Ingredients for Coconut Rice Recipe
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Urad dal
- 2 tsp Chana dal
- 15-20 Coriander leaves
- 3-4 Dry red chilies
- 1 Green chili Chopped
- 1.5 cup Fresh grated coconut
- Salt To taste
How to cook the recipe
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and chana dal .
- Let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add coriander leave, dry red chilies and fry till red chili are slightly browned.
- Add green chilies and grated coconut and fry for 2-3 minutes until coconut is slightly browned.
- Now add salt and cooked rice and mix gently.
- Serve the Coconut rice with chicken gravy , sambar , rasam or any curry