Chicken Butter Masala or Murgh Makhani recipe is an extremely popular and is an excellent companion for plain rice ,naan , and rotis. Chicken is marinated for several hours in a lemon juice, yogurt and spice mixture. The spices may include garam masala, ginger, garlic, pepper, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili.
For more chicken recipe
Indian Chicken Butter Masala Recipe | How to make Best Chicken Butter Masala Recipe
For the chicken
- 500 gms Chicken breast boneless
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
For the gravy
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 500 gms finely chopped tomatoes
- 100 gms finely chopped onions
- 5 tbsp butter
- 50 gms cashew
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
How to cook the recipe
- Marinate the chicken with ginger , garlic paste, red chilli powder and salt and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add the marinated chicken pieces in it,once done place it into a bowl.
- Add oil in a pan add onion , butter and once the onions are cooked add tomatoes and cashew nuts
- Add ginger ,garlic paste, and add some water , salt, garam masala powder and chilli powder and mix it and let it simmer for 20 minutes.Turn the flame off and let the masala cool down to room temperature.
- Once the masala has cooled down grind it to a fine paste in a mixer/grinder.
- Strain it back into the same pan make sure there is minimal wastage.
- Add butter, chicken and kasoori meethi and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish it with cream and kasoori meethi
- Butter Chicken is ready to be served.