Chicken Biryani Recipe | South Indian Recipe
Chicken Biryani Recipe - Chicken Biryani recipe made with basmati rice & chicken marinated in spices .This recipe will you the best biryani .
Ingredients for Chicken Biryani
- 3 tbsp oil or ghee
- 4 chicken thighs boneless and skinless cut into 1" chunks
- 1 chopped onion cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 cup water
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups basmati rice rinsed and drained
How to cook the recipe
- Add oil in a large dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides.
- Add in the onion, and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, tomatoes, and 2 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook until the water has evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- Add in the salt, red chili powder, black pepper, garam masala, turmeric, cumin powder and cinnamon, stirring well.
- Add in the basmati rice, reduce to low heat and cook (covered) for 18-20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let sit, covered, for five minutes before opening and serving.