Vendaikkai Puli Kulambu for Lunch. It is a very popular South Indian curry prepared with ladies finger.The rich flavor & tangy vendakkai puli kuzhambu goes very well along with cooked rice, any kootu or poriyal variety and with papad or appalam.
For more ladies finger recipe
For more side dish recipe
How to Make Vendakkai Puli Kulambu Recipe
Ingredients for Vendakkai Puli Kulambu
- 1 cup chopped Ladies finger / vendakkai
- 15 Sambar onion
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 2 tsp kulambu powder
- 1/2 cup Tamarind juice
- few Curry leaves
- 1 red chilli powder
- 1/2 turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- Water as needed
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 dry red chilli
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
How to cook the recipe
- Heat the pan, add 2 tbsp oil and add all spices(mustard seeds, dry red chilli, curry leaves and fenugreek seeds)
- when the seeds get splutter add the onion, fry it till the onion get transparent.
- Now add tomato, stir it till the tomato gets fully smashed.
- After tomato gets smashed, add ladies finger(vendakkai) let the color of ladies finger changed..
- Now add salt to taste and red chilli powder, turmeric powder, kulambu powder, add water after the raw smell of chill powder gone..
- Let the water boil, make the tamarind water(puli karaichal) ready..
- Add the tamarind water to the pan. let it get boil to the gravy consistency. now switch off the stove.
- Vendakkai puli kulambu is ready.