Chettinad Keerai Mandi is a easy and simple recipe. They are highly nutritious and delicious to taste. Keerai mandi varieties are basically prepared with dhal which makes them more nutritious to consume.
I have made this keerai mandi with pasalai keerai and goes well with chapathi and plain rice.
For more recipes
How to make Chettinad Keerai Mandi Recipe | Chettinad Recipe | Keerai Mandi Recipe
Chettinad keerai mandi is one of the traditional South indian recipe which goes well with plain rice and chapathi.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients Keerai Mandi
- 1 bunch chopped Pasalai Keerai leaves
- 1 cup Moong dal boiled
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida powder
- 4 smashed garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp Oil
How to cook the recipe
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add chopped onions and green chilies, saute them to golden brown color.
- Add the chopped pasalai keerai leaves to the sauteed onions and mix it well.
- Once the leaves are 3/4th cooked, add the boiled moong dal, add 2 cups of water and mix well and add salt to taste.
- Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of oil in a another pan, add some urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, smashed garlic cloves, asafetida powder, and switch off the stove.
- Add the tempered mixture to the cooked spinach.
- Chettinad keerai mandi is ready.