Chettinad Keerai Mandi is a easy and simple recipe. They are highly nutritious and delicious to taste. Keerai mandi varieties are basically prepared with dhal which makes them more nutritious to consume.
I have made this keerai mandi with pasalai keerai and goes well with chapathi and plain rice.
For more recipes
How to make Chettinad Keerai Mandi Recipe | Chettinad Recipe | Keerai Mandi Recipe
Ingredients Keerai Mandi
- 1 bunch chopped Pasalai Keerai leaves
- 1 cup Moong dal boiled
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida powder
- 4 smashed garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp Oil
How to cook the recipe
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add chopped onions and green chilies, saute them to golden brown color.
- Add the chopped pasalai keerai leaves to the sauteed onions and mix it well.
- Once the leaves are 3/4th cooked, add the boiled moong dal, add 2 cups of water and mix well and add salt to taste.
- Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of oil in a another pan, add some urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, smashed garlic cloves, asafetida powder, and switch off the stove.
- Add the tempered mixture to the cooked spinach.
- Chettinad keerai mandi is ready.