Easy & Very tasty Chicken Varuval recipe .This chicken varuval is semi dry with masala coated on chicken pieces. you can have this as side dish for Rasam sadam or with plain briyani. spicy chicken varuval is preapared from boneless chicken pieces cut into cubes. It is served hot and garnished with coriander leaves, accompanied with boiled rice or paratha.
For more chicken recipes
Spicy and Simple Chicken Varuval Recipe | Dry Chicken Varuval Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Varuval
- 500 grams Chicken
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- few Curry leaves
- 1 tsp ginger & garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 ts Cumin seeds
- 1 ts Coriander seeds
- 5 dry red Chilli
- 1-2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 3 Cinnamon
- 2 cloves
How to cook the recipe
- Dry roast the cumin seeds ,coriander seeds ,dry red chilli ,black pepper ,fennel seeds ,cloves ,cinnamon on a low flame for 3-4 minutes till they start smelling
- While the spices are roasting, mix turmeric powder on the chicken and keep aside.
- Now grind the roasted spices with very little water.
- Heat oil in a pan ,once the oil is hot add ginger garlic pastes and saute for 2-3 minutes .Now add the chicken ,ground paste and cover it with lid and cook it for 20 minutes.After 15-20 minutes, remove the lid and increase the flame to let the liquid start evaporating. Once the chicken is cooked and most of the liquid is gone, cook it for 2-3 minutes while stirring it continuously in the pan to roast it before switching off the flame.
- Serve Chettinad Chicken varuval with chapati or plain rice.