Chettinad Cabbage Curry Recipe | South Indian
Chettinad Cabbage Curry Recipe - It is a delicious south Indian recipe . This curry recipe is very easy to cook .
Ingredients for Chettinad Cabbage Curry
- 250 gm cabbage
- 1 cup onion
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- curry leaves
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2 tbsp Red chili powder
- 2 dry red chili broken
- salt for taste
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry urad dal till brown. Add jeera , dry red chili and fry for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and curry leaves. Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes and add the chopped cabbage.
- Mix well. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt. Continue to cook on a low flame and keep stirring twice or thrice.
- Close it with a lid and let it cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, add grated coconut.
- Garnish with curry leaves. Serve hot with plain rice.