Cheesy Spinach and Corn Sandwich Recipe
Cheesy Spinach and Corn Sandwich - This Spinach Corn Sandwich is good way to make your kids eat their share of greens. The cheesy sauce is delicious enough to tempt them. You can add other cooked vegetables like carrot,peas,beans.
Ingredients for Cheesy Spinach and Corn Sandwich
- 8 white bread slices
- 50 gms processed cheese
- 25-30 spinach leaves blanched and chopped
- ½ cup corn
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp refined flour maida
- 2 cups milk
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- A little olive oil to drizzle
How to cook the recipe
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan, add refined flour and saute till lightly coloured. Add milk and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- When the sauce thickens add corn and spinach and mix well. Add salt and crushed black peppercorns and mix well.
- Put the mixture into a bowl.Grate cheese into the bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on 4 bread slices, cover with the remaining slices.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each sandwich. Toast them in a hot grill or dosa tawa till evenly golden on both sides.
- Cut each sandwich into 2 pieces and serve hot.