Easy Chana Masala Recipe | Authentic Chickpeas Masala Recipe | Indian style
Chana Masala - Chana masala or chole masala is a popular vegetable dish in Indian cuisine. The main ingredient is chickpeas. It is a popular Punjabi dish commonly known as chole masala
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Ingredients for Chana Masala
- 200 grams chana
- 25 grams chana masala powder
- 1 springs coriander leaves
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilies
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 onion finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 pinch turmeric
- few piece whole garam masala
How to cook the recipe
- Soak chana in water overnight or to cook the same day soak them in warm water for at least 5-6hrs.
- Pressure cook the chana until soft for 4 to 5 whistle.
- Drain the chana, reserve the liquid .
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and whole garam masala.
- When the cumin seeds change color add chopped onion to it and saute till they are brown.
- Add the Ginger-garlic paste to it and saute for couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes , channa masala powders to it and saute for a mins and add salt.
- Saute the tomatoes till they are soft and mushed up,
- Add the chana to the mixture and mix gently so that chana are properly coated in the mixture.
- Add the reserved water depending on the gravy you need, check and adjust the seasoning.
- Simmer the stove and cook covered for 5-6 minutes and garnish it with coriand leaves
- Serve it with poori or chapatti with sliced onion.
This Post Has 0 Comments
Venkatesan1 Feb 2019