Bombay Masala Toast is a typical street food made with boiled potato and green peas, mint & coriander chutney add extra taste to the sandwich. It is a crispy, tasty, quick and easy recipe. It is an excellent sandwich recipe. Serve it hot with some sev and green chutney or ketchup by the side.
For more sandwich recipes
How to make Bombay Masala Toast Sandwich Recipes | Sandwich Recipe
Ingredients for bombay masala toast
For Potato filling
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 cup boiled peeled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup boiled green peas
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp chat masala powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- 8 bread slices
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp green chutney
- Onion slices
- Tomato slices
- Capsicum rings
- 4 Cheese slices
For the Topping
- 4 tbsp sev
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, and allow them to splutter.
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes, boiled green peas, turmeric powder, chat masala powder, salt to taste and chopped coriander and saute for 2-3 minutes and turn the stove.
- Apply some butter on one side of the bread slice and apply some green chutney.
- Then add a thick layer of the aloo masala.
- Add onion slices, tomatoes, capsicum, cheese slice and close it with another slice of bread.
- Toast this sandwich in the toaster till you get golden brown color on both sides.
- Cut it into pieces and garnish it with sev.
- serve hot veg sandwich recipe.