Sesame seeds are a good source of several nutrients that are important for immune system function.
It is easy to make with 3 ingredients. Sesame seeds are known to be an excellent source of protein, which helps increase your metabolic rate and curbs hunger, there by avoiding excessive calorie consumption and weight loss.
For more kids recipes
How to make Black Ellu Urundai Recipe | Karuppu Ellu Urundai Recipe | Sesame seeds Laddu Recipe
Ingredients for Ellu Urundai
- 1 1/2 cup black sesame seeds
- 2 cup grated jaggery
- 3 tbsp Ghee
How to cook the recipe
- Dry roast sesame seeds till hot to touch.
- Switch off when it starts to pop and turn golden.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Melt jaggery in 1 cup water.
- (Strain the jaggery syrup, if it has any impurities.)
- Cook the jaggery syrup to single string consistency.
- In lower flame add sesame seeds and add 3 tbsp ghee and mix it well and switch off.
- Transfer everything to a plate and let it cool down a little bit.
- Once it becomes lukewarm, make small balls.
- Store it in air tight container once done.