Bhindi (okra) is one of the most popular and nutritious vegetables in India. Bhindi or okra is a very commonly available vegetable. Bhindi tastes great in any form people love this vegetable.This type of dry & tasty lady finger is prepared with some masala sprinkled on it .The things you require are bhindi,onion,red chilli powder,turmeric powder, coriander powder,salt & cumin powder you can carry it in journey also.
For more Bhindi recipe
Best Bhindi Masala Gravy recipe | How to make Bhindi Masala Recipe
Ingredients for Bhindi Masala Recipe
- 300 grams Bhindi cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium chopped onions
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic
- 1 tbsp green chilli
- 2 no chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp roasted gram flour
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 4 tbsp curd
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup tomato diced
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan and fry bhindi in it.
- Heat oil in another pan and add onions and cumin seeds. Once the onions turn golden brown, add crushed ginger-garlic-green chilli, tomatoes and cook well.
- Lower the flame and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masla powder,salt and mix it well.
- Add some water and let it all cook for 7-8 minutes. Turn the flame off and let the masala cool down to room temperature.
- Once the masala has cooled down grind it to a fine paste in a mixer/grinder by adding gram flour, coriander leaves, tamarind pulp and yoghurt.
- Heat oil in the same pan and add bay leaves, onions, tomatoes, salt, the gravy paste, water and mix it well. Simmer on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add cooked Okra and give it mix.
- Let it simmer for 30-40 seconds
- Bhindi Masala is ready to serve.