The Traditional & Most Popular Sweet of Bengal is Bhapa Doi or Baked curd or Steamed Yogurt. It is very easy to cook, tastes heavenly and amazing. Bengali desserts are very famous in all over India and loved by all specially bhapa doi, because of it’s creamy texture and heavenly taste.
For more dessert recipes
How to Make Bhapa Doi Recipe | Steamed Yogurt Pudding Recipe | Bengali Sweet Bhapa Doi Recipe | Bengali Yogurt Sweet Recipe
Ingredients for bhapa doi
- 1 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup plain curd
- 1 cup milk
- 10 almonds
- 15 raisins
- 15 pistachios
How to cook the recipe
- Take curd in a large bowl, add condensed milk, add milk and whisk till well combined. Add almonds, raisins and pistachios and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into individual small deep bowl. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place a steamer on medium heat and pour in 2 cups water. When the water comes to a boil, place the bowl with the milk mixture in the steamer, cover with the lid and steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Take it out of the steamer, remove the aluminum foil and set aside to cool down to room temperature. This is bhapa doi.
- Place the bhapa doi in the refrigerator to chill.
- Your bhapa doi is ready.