Tomato soup is a soup made with tomatoes as the primary ingredient. It may be served hot or cold in a bowl, and may be made in a variety of ways.It may be smooth in texture, and there are also recipes which include chunks (or small pieces) of tomato, cream and chicken/vegetable stock . Popular toppings for tomato soup include sour cream.
Tomato soup is one of the top comfort foods.It can be made fresh by blanching tomatoes, removing the skins, then blending into a puree.
For more vegan recipes
- Homemade vegetable soup
- Easy vegetable spring rolls
- Vegetable cutlet
- Mixed vegetable curry
- Vegetable kurma
How to make Easy and Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe
Ingredients for Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp maida/all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of Fresh cream
- 2 Bay leaf
- 4 finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
How to cook the recipe
- Add butter in a pan and add bay leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add finely chopped tomato and saute till soft,add 1/2 cup of water ,mix well ,cook and cover the lip for 10 minutes.
- Now remove these ingredients from pan and let it cool.
- Remove the bay leaves from the tomatoes.
- Now grind these mixture into a smooth purée. Pass it through a sieve.
- Again add 1 tsp butter in a pan and add all purpose flour.
- Saute all purpose flour till it turns light brown.Add tomato puree.
- Add sugar and black pepper powder , salt to taste , and fresh cream ,mix well.
- Let the mixture come to a boil.
- After its nicely boiling, Creamy tomato soup is ready.Turn off the flame. Pour in a bowl.
- Garnish with cream.