Aloo paratha is a bread dish originating from the region of Northern India. Aloo parathas consist of unleavened dough stuffed with a mixture of mashed potato and spices, which is rolled out and cooked on a hot tawa with butter or ghee.
Aloo paratha is usually served with butter, chutney, or Indian pickles in different parts of northern and western India. They are thick, heavy and rich. You can also pack it for lunch for your kids.
For more Breakfast recipe
How to Make Aloo paratha Recipe | Easy Stuffed Aloo Paratha Recipe
Ingredients for Aloo paratha
- 2 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain seeds
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam masala
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 Green chili chopped
- Salt to taste
- chopped Coriander leaves
How to cook the recipe
- Boil the potatoes and peel them and mash them roughly.Add chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, red chili powder, garam masala powder, and chaat masala powder.Mix till everything is well combined.
- In a large bowl add wheat flour, Ajwani seeds, salt and water and knead it to get a dough. Keep a side for about 10 to 20 minutes. Divide the dough into equal sized dough balls.
- Flatten the dough balls and place the filling in the centre. Fold the flattened dough with the filling into a parcel. Flatten it again and roll it out.
- Roll out all the dough balls in the same way. Heat a tawa, place the rolled out paratha in the hot tawa.
- Flip the paratha once it is cooked on one side. Add some oil on the edges and cook on both sides till they turn golden.
- Serve the Aloo Paratha hot.