Dal fry is one of the most popular dal preparations in the Indian households. It is quick and easy recipe and healthy too. It can be prepared with little ingredients. It goes with plain rice , chapati , roti or naan.
For more dal recipe
Simple Dal Fry Recipe
A very simple and tasty dal fry recipe seasoned with indian spices and tempered with oil or Ghee .
Servings: 6 people
Ingredients for Dal fry recipe
- ½ cup toor dal soaked for 30 minutes
- ¼ cup chana dal soaked for 30 minutes
- ¼ cup moong dal soaked for 30 minutes
- 3 finely chopped green chilli
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 to mato finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
How to cook the recipe
- Heat a pressure cooker. Add soaked toor dal, chana dal, moong dal, and turmeric powder and water, cover and cook till 6 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the dal using a hand blender till it is smooth and keep aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds and sauté till fragrant.Add onion and sauté till onion turns golden brown. Add tomato ,green chilli ,and sauté till tomato turns soft .Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt ,and coriander leaves and mix well.Add the cooked dal mixture. Add to onion and tomato mixture, mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Switch off heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve .