Coconut macaroon is a small biscuit/cookie, typically made from ground almonds coconut or other nuts with sugar and sometimes flavorings vanilla extract or chocolate coating.Some recipes call for sweetened condensed milk.Macaroons are often baked on edible parchment baking sheet placed on a baking tray.
For more dessert recipes
How to make Easy Chewy Coconut Macaroons Recipe
Ingredients for Coconut Macaroons
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
How to cook the recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a big bowl, add egg whites and sugar mix well for 2-5 minutes. Add shredded coconut, vanilla, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoonful coconut mixture place on parchment baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake the coconut macaroon mixture for 15 to 17 minutes or until color turns golden brown.
- Serve during dessert or snack time.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.