Baingan bharta is one of the most popular recipe made with Brinjal. It is a vegetarian dish that is prepared by mincing eggplant that is grilled over charcoal or direct fire. The smoked and mashed eggplant is then mixed with cooked chopped tomato, browned onion, ginger, garlic, cumin and coriander leaves. The dish is often eaten with flatbread, roti or paratha.
For more side dish recipes
How to Make Easy Baingan Bharta Recipe
Ingredients for Baingan Bharta
- 1 1/2 cup Finely chopped onions
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp ginder & garlic paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 slit green chilli
- 1 Eggplant medium sized
- few coriader leaves for garnishing
How to cook the recipe
- Apply some oil to the eggplant.
- Bake it at 350F for about 1 to 2 hours. or Keep it on a hot griddle tawa in reduced flame for 20-25 minutes. Once it is fully cooked. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes then peel off the skin and mash well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginder & garlic paste, green chilli and chopped onions, cook till the onions are brown.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and add chopped tomatoes and saute till soft and pulpy.Now add the mashed eggplant, salt to taste and saute for 5-10 minutes on a medium flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or with chapatis.