Beetroot chutney is a quick and easy chutney to go along with idli, dosa or even rice. Beetroots are high in iron, immune boosting vitamin C, fiber and essential minerals.
For more chutney recipes
How to Make Beetroot Chutney Recipe | Beetroot Pachadi Recipe | Chutney Recipe
Beetroot chutney is a quick and easy chutney to go along with idli,dosa or even rice. Beetroots are high in iron, immune boosting vitamin C, fiber and essential minerals.
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients for Beetroot chutney
- 1and1/2 cup of grated beetroot
- 1/4 cup coconut
To Roast & grind:
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 large red chilli
- 2 nos garlic
- 1 tsp tamarind
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- few curry leaves
- a pinch hing
How to cook the recipe
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add urad dal, chana dal, cumin seeds, garlic cloves and dry red chilli, saute until golden brown and add tamarind give a quick saute, transfer to a plate keep it aside. In the same pan add grated beetroot, saute well(add oil if needed)add salt, saute for few mins, cook covered for 3-5 mins, open give a quick saute switch off the flame and let the beetroot cool.
- Now grind all the roasted ingredients with grated coconut, add salt if needed.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and let them splutter and add a pinch hing and pour over chutney and mix well.
- Beetroot chutney is ready to be served.