Beans Poriyal Recipe | South Indian Recipe
Beans Poriyal Recipe - This is a simple and delightful South Indian shallow-fried vegetable dish generally served with sambar and rice .
Ingredients for Beans Poriyal
- 1 cup finely chopped French Beans
- 2 tbsp Moong Dal soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 Green Chili
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Fresh Coconut
- 1/2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to taste
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add urad dal and stir-fry for 30-40 seconds or until dal turns slightly light brown.
- Add slit green chili and chopped onion. Sauté until onion turns light pink.
- Add beans and moong dal (soaked and drained) and salt.
- Mix well and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup water . Cover with a lid and cook over low flame until beans and dal turn soft, approx. 7-8 minutes and add couple of tablespoons more water if required.
- Add and mix turmeric powder . Add grated coconut.Mix well and cook for a minute
- Turn off flame and transfer it to a serving bowl. Tempting green beans poriyal is ready.
- Serve it with hot chapati for nutritious meal.