Onion rings are a form of appetizer or side dish. They generally consist of a cross sectional ring of onion (the circular structure of which lends itself well to this method of preparation) dipped in batter or bread crumbs and then deep fried a variant is made with onion paste.
For more appetizer recipes
How to Make French's Onion Rings Recipes
Ingredients for Onion rings
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 cup maida all purpose flour
- 1 number Large Onion
- a pinch of soda
- red chilli powder to taste
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- oil for frying
- salt to taste
How to cook the recipe
- Cut the onions into rings and keep it aside
- In a bowl add all purpose flour(maida), cornflour, soda, salt, chilli powder, bread crumbs and mix well with little water a thick batter.
- Now take onion rings dip in the flour mixture and coat with bread crumbs fry till golden brown colour.
- Crispy onion rings is ready to serve.
- Serve with ketchup.