Banana stem fry is very healthy recipe. This is very tasty & easy to make & also good through health view. Banana stem is a rich source of fiber and helps in weight loss. Banana stem is rich in potassium and vitamins just like the fruit.
For more recipes
How to Make Raw Banana Stem Stir Fry Recipe South Indian Style | Banana Stem Recipe | Vazhaithandu Poriyal Recipe | Plantain Stem Fry Recipe
Ingredients for Banana Stem Stir Fry
- 1 medium Banana stem
- 3 Onion chopped
- 5 Green chillies sliced
- Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Chana dhal
- 1 tbsp urad dhal
- 1 cup grated Fresh coconut
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
How to cook the recipe
- Remove the outer layers of the banana stem
- Slice the banana stem into thin size disks. Remove the fibbers from each slice and cut into small pieces. Immediately immerse in lemon added water to avoid discolouration of banana stem
- Wash thoroughly and pressure cook adding salt and turmeric powder for 2-3 whistles and set aside
- Heat 3 tbsp oil add mustard seeds when it splutters add chana dhal and urad dhal it turns golden add chopped onions,green chillies,curry leaves and little salt fry till it becomes light brown add grated coconut and add turmeric powder fry for 1 minute add cooked banana stem and salt as per taste mix well for 2-5 minutes in low flame and switch off.
- Banana stem stir fry is ready to serve.