Banana stem Kootu is very healthy recipe. This is very tasty & easy to make & also good through health view. Banana stem is a rich source of fiber and helps in weight loss. Banana stem is rich in potassium and vitamins just like the fruit.
For more recipes
How to Make Vazhaithandu Kootu Recipe| Banana Stem Kootu Recipe | Plantain Stem Kootu Recipe
Banana stem kootu is very healthy recipe. This is very tasty & easy to make & also good through health view. Banana stem is a rich source of fiber and helps in weight loss.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 5 people
Ingredients for Banana stem kootu
- 1 1/2 cup Banana stem chopped , by removing fiber
- 1/4 cup Toor dhal or moong dhal soaked
- 1 onion medium chopped
- 1/2 to mato chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp urad dhal
- 1/4 tsp channa dhal
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- curry leaves
How to cook the recipe
- Pressure cook chopped banana stem , soaked toor dhal, chopped onion, tomato for 4-5 whistles with turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste with 1/2 cup water.
- Open the pressure cooker when pressure releases and cook on stove top till excess water get absorbed. Keep it aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, urad dhal, channa dhal, cumin seeds and let them splutter and add a pinch asafoetida and pour over kootu and mix well.
- Banana stem kootu is ready to be served.